Inspector General of Police Hillary Mutyambai has ordered all police officers in the country to enforce the Ministry of Health’s guidelines to curb the spread of Coronavirus in strict compliance with the rule of law.
This comes just a day after President Uhuru released new directives in a bid to contain the Coronavirus, with the country staring at the second wave of the deadly virus.
Here are the orders given to all police officers by IG Mutyambai…
- The National Police Service will work closely with National Government Administration Officers and Count Government Enforcement teams to ensure total compliance of COVID-19 measures.
- All police officers in the country have been instructed to enforce the COVID-19 protocols and regulations in strict compliance with the rule of law.
- Police officers to enforce curfew orders from 10 pm to 4 am without fear or favour.
- Everyone should wear face masks, keep social distance while in public places, and avoid unnecessary travels.
- Owners of restaurants, bars, and any other places open to the public are advised to close by 9 pm.
- National Police Service shall support county governments to close down restaurants, bars, and shops which will not adhere to the set regulations.