According to Dayan Masinde, a marriage counsellor and a pastor many people believe families with working wives are more prone to divorce than stay-at-home wives.
Here are eleven reasons why men find it hard to settle with successful career women according to Masinde.
- A lot of men have a misconception that working women are not wife material as opposed to stay-at-home wives.
- Some men believe that it is hard for a career woman to balance between her career and family.
- Men find it hard to introduce love matters to career women because they believe those talking to these kinds of women, only talk to them about money, profits and career.
- There is perceptions men have, that settling down with such kind of women, one needs to have more money than her, to earn her respect.
- Men don’t know the best way to appreciate career women so they tend to keep off.
- Men mistakenly think they are in a competition with such ladies without appreciating the fact that they are in a union.
- Some men seek unnecessary attention which clashes with professional demands of career women.
- For those men who have average social life connections, feel intimidated by career women high flying friends, so they look for women of their class.
- Some men find it hard to discuss different opinions of these kinds of ladies. They have a mentality of silencing the women voice, which works against their relationship.
- Some men want to be baby
sitted, yet these women want men with their own vision and who arein control.
- Despite society empowering women, there are some cultures which still hold men with high regard hence making it hard for men to marry career women.