After being in custody for five days, State House Digital Strategist Dennis Itumbi has been released on a Sh100,000 cash bail.
However, the digital strategist was released on condition that he adheres to the following directives:
- That he reports at Muthaiga Police Station once in two days, excluding the weekends for the next nine days. However, he shall agree on the time with the investigating officers.
- That his power-bank be released today.
- Itumbi’s mobile phone and sim card be released 14 days from today.
- That he deposits a cash bail of Sh100,000.
- That he appears before the court on July 22.
- That he does not make any comments or post anything to do with his case on social media.
- He surrenders his passport to the court.
Also all those who are connected with the case are also refrained from making any public comments concerning the case.
Itumbi was arrested last week on Thursday for being connected with a fake later, alleging a plot to assassinate Deputy President William Ruto.
He was in police custody to enable the investigators to question the 256 members of a WhatsApp group he is part of called Tanga Tanga.