There are only three days left before the registration of the Huduma Namba closes.
On Monday, the Interior and Coordination of National Security Cabinet Secretary, Dr Fred Matiang’i, said that the government has no plans to extend the May 18, 2019 deadline.
Here is a list of government services that you will not be able to access if you don’t register for a Huduma Namba.
- A National Identification Card– Though your national ID will be redundant, you will still require to apply for an ID once you get to the age of 18 years. To acquire the ID, you will use your unique number or Huduma Namba.
- A driving license
- Birth Certificate
- When acquiring a passport or any other services from the immigration office
- National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF)
- During the voting process in an election
- Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS).
- National Education Management Information System (NEMIS) – this is an online portal used by the Ministry of Education to collect accurate data on learning institutions and learners.
After registering for the Huduma Namba, Kenyans are advised not to throw away their cards as the information needs to be verified before one can be offered the Huduma Namba card.